IT recruitment services
Elektron Consulting began providing IT recruitment services to the Banking and Finance industry in 2000. The service ran as an extension to our:
- Client based projects teams placed on custom development work awarded to our company.
- On site implementation of our proprietary products and their ongoing maintenance and support.
Key benefits of our approach include:
- We retain staff over many projects and product implementations, resulting in a comprehensive understanding of our clients’ culture and work processes.
- Increased performance as relationships form between staff as they work on multiple assignments together and attend Elektron social events.
- We understand how essential recruiting the right staff is to an employer as this has been the success behind our projects and proprietary products.
Recruitment Preparation Approach
We spend time with you to understand the job requirements. Together we carefully craft a job ad and job specification to ensure the most appropriate person for the job is selected. We:
- Ensure job specifications are accurate and consistent with the job requirements.
- Formulate selection criteria based on mandatory skills competencies and desirable criteria which help do the job.
- Assess the length of experience, qualifications and memberships necessary for the job.
- Assess the levels of verbal and written communication skills and familiarity and acceptance of communication tools.
- Determine assessment criteria: candidate submissions, interview, referees’ report, work history and practical tests.
- Do not include any invasive or irrelevant questions.
- Ensure strict confidentiality.
- Employ strategies to encourage applicants from a wide pool of candidates including informal networks, online, industry and community groups.
- Comply with equal opportunity and anti-discrimination principles.
- We engage in conversations to make the candidate comfortable.
- We document decisions made and the reasons for them including a record of questions and answers.
- Interviews focus on the real needs of the job.
- We assess how well applicants prepare for the interview.
- We establish what applicants can offer the organisation and how they perform under pressure.
- Abilities testing relating to the essential requirements of the job.
- Rank applicants according to their performance against the selection criteria.
- Assess all information including cover letter, resume, interview, tests and referee’s reports.
- Record decisions made and reasons for them.
- Where requested, provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants on selection criteria based performance.
- Contact referees using the applicable referee reporting form for the position.
Elektron can assist you with recruitment and placement of short to long-term contract and permanent resources with the IT skills you need. We have a team of skilled project managers, developers, business analysts and designers on hand and are supported by a wide network of IT and recruitment companies.
Please contact us if you would like more information.